For years we have gotten a bare bones release of what is arguably one of the best horror movies ever Creepshow.
In 2007, Universal released a 2-disc DVD set in the UK in Region 2 PAL format with a wonderful documentary produced by Michael Felsher of Red Shirt Pictures entitled Just Desserts: The Making of Creepshow. Now this has been found on youtube for years. I will admit to having watches it even though I cant stand piracy. I thought this was the only way possible to view it. Just Desserts has never been released on any home video format here in the States, however it has been picked up by Synapse Films for release on DVD and Blu-ray later this year. This documentary will include many newly-produced extras just for this release:
– a commentary by Michael Felsher
– a commentary with actor John Amplas, Darryl Ferrucci (Tom Savini’s assistant on the movie),
and art director Bruce Alan Miller.
– interview with director of photography Michael Gornick
– extended interview outtakes from the documentary
– deleted sequences
– the 1986 Paramount Home Video documentary Scream Greats Volume 1 which focused on Tom Savini. Paramount Home Video had released two volumes of this Scream Greats series 30 years ago, made specifically for the home video market. They were released on videocassette (VHS and Beta) and on laserdisc and were presented by Starlog Video as part of the short-lived Fangoria Video Magazine Series. Volume 2 focused on Satanism and Witchcraft, but no further documentaries were ever released, which is a shame because the cover artwork was beautiful.